Sunday, May 8, 2011

Summer is finally here!

Happy Mother's Day!
What an absolutely beautiful day in Charleston to celebrate Mother's Day!  Too bad my wonderful mom (Janey Fresh) lives in Spartanburg.  If she were here, today would have been perfect!  I just want to take a moment to thank all those awesome mommas out there!  I am so thankful for my mom and I hope she knows how much she is loved! I don't know what I'd do or who I'd be today without you! :)

So, it has been about a week since my last exam and I could not be more thrilled!  Congratulations to all the graduates out there! I cannot wait to join you all in December!! Even though I've technically only had one day of summer, I will take working over school ANY DAY! Also, there are so many awesome things happening this summer, so my excitement level is intensely high!

  • One of my best friends is getting married in less than a month!! WOOT!  Bags, I cannot wait to celebrate you and Zac's big day with all of our friends!! This is going to be the celebration of the year...move over Royal Wedding!  Sorry Lauren, I just had to put one of our Freshman pictures in this one! Hanging out with the most wonderful bridal party ever is going to be a highlight of my year! 
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2:  Where do I even begin?  For more than a decade, I have been been that nerd who goes to every midnight premiere (book and movie) usually in my Ron Weasley shirt.  It is going to be very bitter-sweet sitting through my last premiere...I do not know what I am going to look forward to movie-wise after this. (I guess the Twilight franchise will do for now..).  
  • Simply enjoying NO classes and living the dream in Chucktown:  For those of y'all not living in Charleston, you really do not get to enjoy it during the school year.  I am looking forward to spending zero time in Addlestone Library and enjoying the beautiful culture that Charleston has to offer!  I finally went to the beach for the first time this season today.  This is not right for someone who lives here.  I can honestly say that school has humbled me to appreciate the little things in life!  

This morning at Seacoast Church my sister and I heard a sermon about the importance of being a friend to everyone.  There are always those who are harder to love than others, but you never know when you might need that person in a difficult time.  "Let nice be your default" was one of the quotes Greg Surratt said this morning and I thought it was definitely quote-worthy!  This week, challenge yourself to love everyone, even those who take a little bit more effort to love.  

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.  It has no survival value. Rather it is one of those things that give value to survival." -C.S. Lewis 

No comments:

Post a Comment