Monday, May 23, 2011

I guess the world didn't end...

Sorry I didn't get to post on my usual day, but this weekend has been full of fun and celebrations!  Not only is today Ben, my dad and Ben's grandpa's birthday, but this weekend has been full of other birthday celebrations as well!! I have officially devoured way too many cakes in a 48 hour period!  (Not that I am complaining at all!)  I would just like to take this time to say a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all you wonderful people who are celebrating being born! You beat the "rapture"! hahaha


Speaking of which, for those of you who heard that ridiculous news that the world was supposed to end on Saturday, I guess we can officially laugh at those who started such garbage!  I'm sorry, but no wonder people think Christians are crazy!  As a Christ Follower, I hope that people will soon realize that in the Bible it clearly states that we will not know when the end of the world will come, (Matthew 24:42-44 to be exact) so stop fretting people!!! Gosh, I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest...


Okay, now onto the goods.  Have you ever wondered why you are chosen to deal with certain trials in your life?  I think about it all the time, which sometimes turns into a serious pity-party.  But, then, all of a sudden, something happens and that big light bulb finally turns on over your head.  You finally begin to realize that what you are going through is just a part of God's will that is preparing you for something far greater.  Like, helping another person who is dealing with a similar issue or realizing that your trial has led you into people's lives that never would have happened without your difficulty.  The latter has been something that has been brought to my attention lately.


As you all may remember from one of my posts a couple of months ago, I have a running injury/condition called piriformis syndrome that makes my hips come out of alignment easily.  It just so happens that a stranger in a yoga class tells me to visit this chiropractor and all will be fixed!  Well, for someone like myself who does whatever it takes to avoid doctors, it was very difficult for me to trust someone who cracks people.  Little did I know, this was a key part of the plan that God had for me because here I am over a year later working for that very chiropractor and meeting the most wonderful people ever!! Not only that, but God has given me one less thing to worry about because every time I get hurt, I have an on-call fixer! Thanks God!  


Everyone that comes into that office has a story.  As a genetic chatter-box (thanks to Chris Lawrence) I have learned some great lessons and met some great people that I never could have come in contact with if it weren't for my stubborn hips!  I remember being so angry at God for putting this struggle in my life, and now I could not be more thankful!  The older I get, the more I realize that I would rather not know everything about everything!  It totally spoils the fun when I actually begin to understand what God is doing in my life.  It just gives me another reason to put my entire trust in His will for me!  


This is my challenge for you fine readers this week.  When you are analyzing your life (don't deny it, you do it) take a step back for a second and breathe.  You never know if what you are going through is all a part of a greater plan that has been given only for you to accomplish.  God would never give you anything that He didn't know you couldn't handle, and He loves you too much to do that to you either!


"Instead of trying to fight your fears, concentrate on trusting Me.  When you relate to Me in confident trust, there is no limit to how much I can strengthen you." -Jesus Calling


As a way for each of you to celebrate the world not ending, here is something to start off your week and maybe make you forget about your struggle just for a little bit!  Have a wonderful week!! :)






Please pray for those were were devastated by the tornado that hit Missouri.  Every day is a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment