Sunday, May 15, 2011

An Epiphany

"Hope is not a granted wish or a favor performed; No, it is far greater than that. It is a zany, unpredictable dependence on a God who loves to surprise us out of our socks and be there in the flesh to see our reaction." -Max Lucado


Hello and happy Sunday!!  It is a stunning day here in Chucktown and I could  not be happier to be alive!  I had a lot on my mind today, so I decided I should definitely share it with my blogging community!! As you all probably know by now, I am a little bitter about the fact that I have to wait until December to graduate.  I think this feeling has been heightened ever since I saw all of my friends looking fly in their cap and gowns.  I couldn't seem to wrap my head around why God wanted to make me endure another semester of servitude to college.  I think I finally got my answer this morning.  At Seacoast Church, we are beginning a series on David and God definitely spoke to me, even though David's story has nothing to do with graduating from college.  


You see, we are studying about how God chooses people to fulfill his works here on earth.  A question was asked to the congregation..."Would God choose me?"  I had to really think about it and let it sink in that I am not so sure that I am a capable vessel for God to use for His glory.  That was a hard pill to swallow.  


Let me begin with a few things that stood out to me this morning:

  • "Don't be in a hurry when God isn't"-Easier said than done my friends.  This was definitely a quote that made the light bulb over my head FINALLY turn on.  Maybe God just does not want me to graduate right now because He has specific plans for me to accomplish before I do walk across that stage.  He has been doing the most incredible things in my life since I have come to Charleston and I know that none of those cool things could have been concocted by me! God is doing incredible things, and not just in my life...but yours too!  Transferring was never part of my "want to do" agenda, but I am sure now that transferring schools in the middle of my college career was all a part of God shaping me into the woman that He wants me to be.  
  • "Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won't be faithful in large ones.  If you cheat even a little, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities" LUKE 16:10-Now, for those of you who know me fairly well you know that every time someone asks me what I want to do with my life, I answer with something like..."I want to help people" or "I just want to make a difference".  Even though that sounds all well and good, it isn't going to happen if I follow my own path and not God's.  Maybe He simply wants to teach me little lessons now to prepare me for what is to come.   Nothing is too small of a task to make a difference.  I do not have to do something HUGE right now, especially if I am not meant to.  
  • Everybody is called to serve-"The goal is more important than the role" (Greg Surratt) It is essential to have a humble heart!  Nothing that we do here on this earth should be for our own personal glory!  I am so encouraged when I think that each and every one of us is uniquely designed to do something incredible!  Whether big or small, each of us was wired a certain way for a specific purpose!  


I don't know about y'all, but I think that is pretty awesome!  I am so motivated to really practice listening to the Big Guy and spending daily time with Him so that I cam prepare myself for what He has planned for me.  I desire to be used in a way that will help this world and bring glory to the One who deserves it, not me.  


I hope that each of you are encouraged to use the wonderful gifts that you have been given to make a difference!  It's the little things that make a BIG difference!  I have become accustomed to leaving on a happy note, so I found yet another happy video to keep you smiling throughout your week!  





No comments:

Post a Comment