Sunday, June 12, 2011

We Are Promised a Destiny




I am overflowing with joy this weekend!! What an awesome week this has been!  I feel as if I have been blessed far beyond what I deserve, yet again.  Not only did I get my first place, but I finally donated my hair after almost five years of growing it out.  I know that each of these incidents are quite opposite of one another, but each has such a special place in my heart!  I am thankful for the joy that is in my  heart and I hope that this joy will be contagious and spread to as many people as possible! 

This week has been a week that I have been waiting on since I transferred to Charleston almost two years ago.  It was a combination of numerous moments finally coming together and making sense.  As if a giant light bulb finally turned on. So many opportunities are coming my way all of a sudden, and it is as if I can hear God chuckling up there saying, "I told you so".  I just had to be patient (which is quite a challenge for me).  

I think the reason I am so happy at the moment is that I had to go through some trials and valleys to get where I am today.  It definitely makes you appreciate the good times.  I know that more valleys will come, but now I have a new sense of clarity that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Each and every one of us is going to go through difficult times (for you, that time might be right now), but don't fret! There is a plan for whatever situation you are in and there will be joy again! 

"The joy of living in My presence outshines all other pleasures."  
-Jesus Calling


Even though tomorrow is Monday, another way to look at it is seeing tomorrow as the start of a fantastic week that lies ahead of you!  You never know just what might happen!  I hope that each and every one of you finds joy this week and holds on to it tightly! There is still good in this world to be happy about! :)

Here is the most joyous sound I've ever heard...





No comments:

Post a Comment