Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Holy Hot & Humid Hump Day!




Cooper

Sorry for the delayed post!! Life has been wonderfully hectic this past week, but have no fear, a new post is here! :) I'm beginning to adjust to this new haircut quite well.  My long hair would have been such a burden in this 100+ degree weather!  I don't think I've ever been so thankful to work and not be outside...it's been miserable out there.  At the end of some days after walking home from work, I would think to myself, "I'm so glad that this day is over and I do not have to endure it ever again!"  That got me thinking...

We will never live the same week twice.  But, essential lessons are learned each day.  As a history nerd, I've come to the conclusion that we can either choose to ignore history, which usually repeats itself in some form or another, or we can learn from it.  As for me, there are some things in my past that I wish beyond anything that I could erase forever!! College unfortunately produces those kinds of things...but seriously, I know each of you has something you wish you could take back.

Of course, that made me continue down this path of thought and I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't trade any day for the world.  Apparently, my story has a few (or many) bumps in the road, but each bump has taught me a new lesson, and I wouldn't be the person that I am today if it weren't for each chapter in my life.  Even though I am thrilled that I do not have to live the same day twice, for those days that I try to mentally block, I know now that there was a reason behind each of those days.

Challenge for the week:  The past is the past!  No more feeling guilty.  Set yourself free and choose to learn from those mistakes.  Each day is a new day filled with new opportunities!  Look for the good!  It's out there!

"Our earthly wilderness experiences are designed to develop us into men and women of faith." -Charles Swindoll

Here's some good right here...



Nothing better than some Harry Potter excitement!...only 23 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment