Sunday, June 26, 2011

Second Chances

"God doesn't say, 'Change your life and I will accept you.' He says, 'I accept you--Now let's change your life!'" -Max Lucado

Happy beautiful Sunday everyone!! What a glorious day we have been given! I swear, I am getting a little creeped out by how on-the-dot Seacoast is with having a message that seems to fit my life perfectly.  This morning was one of those mornings where I just knew something cool was coming.  Even though it's been a long week, I couldn't keep the smile off my face, and I couldn't explain why.  Then I heard the message at Seacoast and realized that was exactly why my heart was so full of joy today.

Before the message even started, a question was posed to us.."What do you do when you realize God has answered your prayers, and the great things you never thought possible were coming true?"  That really hit home with me.  Almost 3 years ago, I decided to stop living for myself, and begin living for God, and my life began to rapidly change.  At first, it was really difficult because my closest friends didn't really know what was going on with me.  My desires were completely changed and then I felt the calling to transfer...biggest risk I've ever taken.

Now, almost 2 years after I transferred, the things I never thought possible are beginning to happen.  It is as if I have been given a second chance to make up for the mistakes I had made in my past.  God is placing me in opportunities that allow me to do what I love, be with who I love and have a chance to watch Him work miracles.  It is incredible to know that when the good things come along in our life, all the Big Guy wants you to do is watch.  Simple as that.

At first, I used to be nervous about what others would think about me, because my world had been rocked by God.  All I wanted to do was celebrate and spread the awesomeness I was feeling to others, but I didn't know exactly how to do that in a status-quo-driven world.  Now, I am completely uninhibited.  I don't care who thinks I look silly or odd.  My security lies in something much stronger than this world.

This is my challenge for you fine people this week:  CELEBRATE!  Who cares what others think?  We are all given second chances!  We all make mistakes (I have way too many to count), but we all can try again and succeed!  That's the beauty of grace people!

The only word I can use to describe this week's video is cute.  It really speaks for itself though.

No comments:

Post a Comment