Monday, August 22, 2011

Last First Day

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

Okay, please do not make fun of me for this, but I am actually excited that tomorrow is the beginning of classes.  Not only does tomorrow represent my last first day of college classes, but it also means I am one step closer to graduating in December! (Hello best Christmas present EVER!)  I feel as if this summer just flew by, but I learned so much along the way that I will take with me during this last semester.

I feel as if I already got a taste of the real world this summer...since I technically only had one day of summer before starting work.  Through my job, I got to witness first hand how a real business works.  It was as if I was taking a course on "real life business" this summer.  If anything, I am more motivated than ever to do my best these last couple months just to prepare myself for what is to come once I am officially an adult.

Here are a few things that I have come away with this summer:
  • The stress you learn to deal with in college prepares you for constantly being stressed in the real world. But, instead of papers/tests/projects to strike fear in your heart, things such as mortgages, gas money, and not disappointing your boss become the new things to stress about. 
  • There is actually something to look forward to....no more homework.  You literally go home from work, and enjoy watching Wheel of Fortune and House Hunters...it's all about the little things that bring pleasure to life!
  • You become very appreciative for being paid for working your hardest, instead of going broke paying for pulling all nighters and getting carpal tunnel from loads of school work and procrastination. 
  • I will still have to take each day as it comes...so be ready.
  • Unfortunately, you realize that you actually did learn things in college that will benefit you in the real world...just not math.
Now, I just want to take this opportunity to wish everyone (teachers, students and new "adults") a wonderful new school year!! I am currently living with two teachers while waiting to close on my first condo, so I feel like this is an exciting time for everyone.  You never know what each new year will bring, and I hope it brings awesome things to each of you!

Hopefully, my next post will be about something awesome that I learned from an incredible week (trying to stay optimistic before the hectic student life sets in again).  Until then...


Even though I go to CofC, I will always be a Blue Hose at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment