Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thank you



Isn't it crazy how things just seem to fall easily into place sometimes? I do not know about you, but I definitely take those things for granted!  Sometimes, I am so focused on what is going wrong or what I wish was different that I miss the wonderful gift that is right in front of my face.  Life in Charleston has changed my perspective in a way that I never imagined possible!  

You see, when I was at Presbyterian College, I thought life was good.  Life was pretty easy (besides the schoolwork).  And I did not realize that the life changes that were happening to me at PC were simply preparing me for what I would face here in the Chuck.  God's good like that, you know?  Let me give some examples:
  • I believe Ben and I were brought together at just the right time because God knew that we would need to help each other get through the transition of transferring mid-Junior year of college.  I do not know how I could have gotten through those first months without him! (And some pretty awesome roommates too!)
  • Work opportunities popped up out of nowhere that helped me get by in such an expensive city!  I have never had occupations simply fall into my lap before, let alone work that will help me in my future career!  Thank you CofC Communication Department!  
  • Just when I thought I was on my own with my spiritual journey in Charleston, God placed just the right amazing people in my path that continued to motivate me and have fellowship with me.  What encouragement God has provided for me!! 
  • Just when I thought God was done being so good to me, he brings my sister to town!  I am so blessed to have my sister and best friend living in the same town as me! (Especially since she has cable--Hello HGTV!)
You know, during stressful times like these (I know all you students out there know what I'm talking about) it is always nice to really open your eyes to the awesome that has happened and is still happening today.  As I am typing this, I am reminded to tell the Big Guy Upstairs, "Thank you!".  Even in the midst of any circumstance, there is always something to be thankful for.  Continue to dwell on that thought until happiness consumes you!  This is my challenge for you all!  

"I believe that I shall see the GOODNESS of the LORD in the land of the living!" -Psalm 27:13

Oh my, I can already feel the summer heat, visualize the inside of my eyelids from being able to sleep in every once in a while and am getting so excited about reading every Harry Potter book before the final movie comes out in July (that one is bitter-sweet).  The joys of summer are so close, yet seem so far away!  We can do this guys!!  If this video doesn't brighten your day, I honestly do not know what will! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment