Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy First Day of Spring! :)

Sorry guys!  I have been trying to get back to this blog all week!! But, some crazy circumstances kept getting in the way!  It was actually a pretty tough week.  Thankfully, I have been surrounded by wonderful people and have been constantly reminded that God is so good!  On an extremely happy note, who is happy that daylight savings time came (even though we lost an hour of sleep) and now it is sunny so much later!! As someone who does not get out of class or work until about 5:30 everyday, I am so stoked that the sunshine is lasting longer these days!! :)

I want to tell you all about something so great that I've experienced this week.  You hear people talking about having an inner peace within them that helps them get through tough times.  Well, I've definitely experienced this sense of calming in my heart this week.  I have been so overwhelmed with the load of schoolwork that appears to be endless, hips coming out of alignment, and family pets passing away, yet God placed this wonderful stillness in my heart and mind that I am very thankful for.  I thought I was going to lose it a few times this week, and then there were moments where I just knew everything was going to be okay, and I had absolutely nothing to fear or be sad about. 

Now, before you completely make fun of me for this next statement, all I have to say is, "Don't knock it til' you try it!"  I follow RevRunWisdom on Twitter, and that guy knows his stuff!  I absolutely LOVE his words of wisdom and his love for Jesus!  Some examples to get my point across are as follows:
  • "Best move I've ever made.... Developed a DEEP relationship with JESUS CHRIST  "
  • "Ladies it'll be hard to find true LOVE IF. = (L)egs (O)pen (V)ery (E)asy "
  • "For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships & persecution. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
  • "Todays Lesson:: Arithmetic.... Count your blessings not your problems"
As you can see, the man has some good wisdom to share with the Twitter world.  It would be nice if he was teaching this wisdom at CofC.  Anywho, I'm getting off of an tangent.  I've decided that I really have no control over my life, and I'm perfectly okay with that.  This is because every time I've tried to have control over what happens in my life, it completely blows up in my face.  So, instead of making things rather difficult, I've given my life to Christ.  Even though I made this crucial decision about two years ago, just this past month I decided to take it one step further.  I decided to give my earned dollar in a tithe.  Now, for some of you, this doesn't seem so difficult, but for a college student living in downtown Charleston, every dollar counts (especially for parking!) 
So, I've decided to do what the Bible tells me.  I am going to test God by giving him 10% of each paycheck that I receive, and see what blessings begin to flow my way due to the fact that I trust God with the money that He is loaning me in the first place.  I challenge each of you to try to give up something in your life (or more if you'd like) and see if anything changes or any weight is lifted from you shoulders.  I know that the burdens that have fallen in my lap this past week have definitely taken a toll on me and my heart, but God has helped me tremendously in overcoming them, and trusting that His will is perfect in every way! 

It is officially Spring, which means the flowers will be blooming, the sun will be setting later, and the weather is ready for sun-bathing! Woot Woot!

"Some people forget that one of the greatest weapons against despair is prayer" -Rev. Run

In memory of the greatest panther-cat that ever was! I love you, Sam!


1 comment:

  1. Awe the picture of Sam made me tear up. I know he and Daisy are watching over us...we are so lucky to have had them in our lives! You are such a strong and inspiring sister...I couldn't have gotten through tough times without you! Keep changing lives! :)

    ReplyDelete